prevents excessive water evaporation, which in turn permits
more efficient cement hydration, thus reducing shrinkage and
incresing durability. Once formed, the membrane will remain
on the concrete surface until eventually broken down or eroded
by natural weathering. Where it is required to apply a further
treatment to such concrete surface, it may be necessary to
remove the membrane remaining after curing by wire brushing
or other mechanical means.
Exposed concrete slabs : Bostik CCC should be spray
applied on to the newly placed slab as soon as possible after it
is free from visible surface water, may be 1 to 2 hours after
Shuttered and precast concrete : Bostik CCC should be
spray applied to all surfaces as soon as formwork has been
removed or the element demoulded.
In all cases the nozzle of the spray should be held
approximately 450 mm from the concrete surface and should
be passed back and forth to ensure complete and even
coverage. The pump pressure should be maintained at a level
to produce fine spray.
For curing concrete in all applications wherever required.
Recommended areas of use include :
• Pavements, Runways and bridge decks, Chimneys, vertical
structures, airports and ports
• Bridge roofdecks, retaining walls, columns, canal
linings, dams etc.
• Precast piles and in all not-easily accessable areas of
• Industrial floor slabs, parking and garages, terrazo
floors, warehouses etc.
• Avoids the need for 28 days conventional water curing
using hassien, polythene etc.,
• Minimises risk of drying, shrinkage, cracks etc. at early
age of concrete.
• Allows complete cement hydration.
• Easy to use and saves on labour costs.
• Free of any Chlorides and does not affect the setting time on